Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Sunday 9 April 2017

The Sixteen


After 16 I really do not want to have to make anymore in fact I feel somewhat chick saturated.  Nevertheless I have to admit I really enjoyed making them and I found that I was giving some of them names even. They looked back at me and seemed to say I am Big Sister and I am Rooster or I am Punkie Chick and me Stroppy Anne :-). Therefore,names they were given!

These photos were taken at what I thought was the completion of them all until I realised during the recount of my pupils and students in my Tweens and young adults class that I had left someone out and there were 16 to make for and not 15 in all. Hence the photo of the last one being hastily made. 

No pink one...sorry Willie! However the forgotten one,the very last one was given pink eyes :-)

The original pattern comes from Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me . As usual I tweaked it here and there to suit my own ideas for the chicks. I gave the egg shell more of a ragged edge and the little roosters were really my own pattern. I also added some piercing! 
I used DK bits from my stash and used a 4,50 hook on the big chicks and a 3.50 hook for the egg shells. I used Katia Capri cotton (again from my stash)for the Roosters and a 3.00 hook and red embroidery silk for crest and tail.
They have all been given out and I believe everyone was delighted. As the Roosters for the boys were attached to key rings the boys instantly hung them on their school bags.

Time has gone by and I think it must have been last November when Busy Little Chicken blog mentioned to me that she would like to have more followers and wasn't sure about how to go about it. At that time I said I would give her a mention on my next post indicating her request.

 I forgot!!!! So very sorry Busy Little Chicken!!!

Here it is now. Please pop over to visit Busy Little Chicken who is really keen to contact other Crafty bloggers and could you share her blog with your Crafty bloggers too.  




Punkie Chick

Stroppy Anne

Big Sister

Rooster




Have a great day!!!


Amanda :-)

23 comments:

  1. They are great. I love them, though they bought an awful memory for me. When I worked in the craft shop there was an egg cosy I had made on the counter, a lady came in and said could she have some of these made, yes I said expected half a dozen, she asked for fifty, I said I couldn't make that many in less than a week, so she settled for twenty, but wanted them quickly. So I got my own back on a couple I stitched the eyes on crossed! She wasn't impressed and bought them back to be altered!

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear me!!! I can certainly understand that you'd rather push that memory to one side!
      Thanks for visiting :-)

      A x

      Delete
  2. Haha you've been at it too Amanda, I can certainly relate there are only so many chicks one can make before going crazy, yours are much more detailed than mine they are lovely well done on making so many. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeHe! I am devastated...My deva has never been so stated! :(.
    But then l thought..well, chicks are yellow, but they can be
    spayed!!!
    Why is Rooster laying on his side...Bit to much vino!
    Seriously though...They look great....all individuals, and that's
    nice..and on Palm Sunday to!
    Well done Amanda...Your Chicks look Chique...! :0).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might as well mkae a good square two dozen while you are on... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are ADORABLE! I need to make one. I have the egg crochet pattern.. I could just make up the white shell part.. cute! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet are those!? I would like to make an big batch of them. Wouldn't they be cute just hanging around your home and peeking out of strange places?! Ha ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comment and visiting my blog. I am going over to see your blog now :-)

      Amanda :-)

      Delete
  8. What an adorable flock! I love punk chick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...they are pure sweetness! Makes me wish I could follow patterns better! They are SUPER cute! Makes me smile first thing this morning! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are fabulous... I like the way their characters seem to have developed. Hope your are enjoying your Easter break, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super chicks, lovely little gifts, no wonder they all loved them. Have a good Easter xcx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOhh Amanda - they are just sooooo gorgeous & sweet. You have done an amazing job & I love how you have named some of them as their characters develoP!! Have a wonderful Easter Amanda. Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are so beautiful, what an amazing and sweet gift.
    Love the stunning eyes.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so cute! Such a sweet little flock :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my how adorable are these little chicks. You've been very busy, my friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your lovely blog and fallen in love with those chicks, lol
    Now I have to find time among all the other projects on the go to make one. ha ha
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling so well Briony!!! There are so many fantastic patterns out there that I am spoilt for choice! As it is I have two WIPs on the go at the moment. Thanks for popping by!

      A x

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)