Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Friday 1 November 2013

Can it be their time now?


Happy Halloween to everyone celebrating tonight!!

KERRIE'S STALL 

This is going to be a difficult post to write because I have to ask you for help!
This is an appeal!


I can't solve any of the stupid wars out there nor will the corrupt and deceitful politicians listen to anything I say ! However I can but try to help these poor animals who are taking the brunt of the actual recession that many of us are suffering from. It is cheaper to chuck them out,abandon them,thrown them in the rubbish bin,ditch them at a roadside and even thrown them into the river to die miserably!

A neighbour said to me the other day that what was all the fuss about , that it is the humans first and then the animals....very nice.... considering it is the humans who brought them into their world in the first place and domesticated them. If they had left well alone nature would have taken charge as she does with the wild animals.
Please don't get me wrong I will always save a child before an animal but I'll try and save my pet as well!
WE are responsible for these animals who have been brought into our society to live and that responsibility must be accepted!

Spanish Strays is a non-profit organization run by a small group of national and international volunteers in the Campos de Gibraltar area in Spain They are doing a splendid but never ending job of rounding up stray cats and caring for cats that have been abandoned. They heal them,feed them and neuter them;They also find them forever homes in Spain,Europe or the UK.
It is a slow arduous task!




If you follow Hettie Jones blog and View from a Teapot you will already have heard of this organization. Sophie at Hettie Jones blog has adopted Luna and given her a loving home.
View from a Teapot has also sent out a cry for help you can read about it on her post here.

 However Spanish Strays are in dire straits!! The refuge is packed and I mean packed full so much so that if Spanish Strays are not able to reduce the numbers of cats in the refuge the municipal regulations will kick in and it means they will have to put the cats down within 10 days.
They desperately need forever homes or foster homes for the cats but they cannot get the cats' passport to send cats to forever homes abroad if they have not been neutered and vaccinate first. They also need the travel expenses as Spanish Strays sponsers part of the travel expenses too.
 In other words they need funds! 
 Kerrie Edwards,one of the volunteers has thought of setting up a craft stall at the numerous Christmas craft markets which are very popular in Spain throughout December, to collect funds for the refuge .......but she needs supplies!!!!!

This is where you and I come in!

I was thinking if I can find the time and the cash to make a few bunting triangles to send to Lucy at Attic24 for Yarndale surely I can do the same for this worthy cause and perhaps I could make a few more bits and pieces to send to Kerrie to sell.
I know there are lots and lots of very good causes out there who need help but can it be these cats turn now.
It is totally up to you, just a little something will be fine.
Can you imagine if 10 crafters make and send a beanie each to Kerrie,then she has 10 beanies to sell...if 10 other crafters make one pot holder each then Kerrie has 10 pot holders to sell and so on. A couple of pot holders does not weigh very much so the cost of postage would not be horrendous.
If you want to help please comment here and I will send you Kerrie's postal address by email where you can send your craft donation.   If you want more information about Spanishstrays ,this is their facebook page . If you cannot help by donating something to Kerries´stall you can still help by clicking LIKE on their FB page and also by sharing the link with your friends.
Please please pass this message along to your bloggy friends.

Can it be a happy MOGGIES' Christmas this year please!!!



Amanda :-)

19 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I'm definitely up for some crafting for the kitties. The other day I noticed a box in a local supermarket collecting food for homeless animals who have been taken in by the RSPCA. I'm going to let my daughter know she's a major cat lover and I'm sure I can convince her to create something for the stall. Good luck, I hope you get lots more offers of help.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ali
      Thank you so much....that would be wonderful. I'll send you Kerrie's postal address by email. I'm crossing fingers that more bloggers participate! I wonder if that box idea would work for them too.
      A x

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda

    I'm happy to send something to Kerrie. Just let me know what she wants and let me have her email.

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Penny....Kerrie will be so pleased! I have asked her for her email meanwhile I'll send you her postal address.

      A xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks Amanda, this is a great help to us and we are really looking forward to, what we hope to be, great festive events this December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Just realised I am coming up as Grow your Own Onions... it's me, Kerrie! Long story!!! xxx

      Delete
    2. I suspected as much Kerrie! As you can see there are two replies already .............craft bloggers are great!!!!
      A :-)

      Delete
  4. Count me in Amanda!!!
    May you please send me Kerry's address???
    Thank you, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very good of you Ales considering you live over there in Indonesia!!! I'm already feeling proud of my bloggy friends and their rapid response. Will pop over now and send you Kerrie's address

      A xx

      Delete
  5. Please send me the address as I would willingly send a few bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. You particularly will know how hard hit Andalucia is due to this recession and they are the worst area in Spain for all these problems with stray animals;cats and dogs and would you believe it even horses!!

      A xx

      Delete
  6. I have some pot holders/dishcloths that I could send.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do please send me the address as I would love to send something to help. Having 8 furries ourselves we know the delights they bring. Thanks, have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Chrissie!!! Kerrie will be so pleased. OMG 8 cats!!!! LOL!

      and you!

      A xx

      Delete
  8. I can make some crocheted dishcloths, Amanda. Just let me know the postal address.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Sharon that is really good of you!

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make something for the kitties. Can it be anything hand made? X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)