Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Friday 25 May 2012

Big Thank you!!!!

A very short post just to say:

a big thank you for the massive response to my last post  related to blogging etiquette.
 All advice,suggestions and  opinions have very much helped to clarify my doubts.

As the question of followers and number of followers has been mentioned frequently in the comments received, I would just like to add that although I respect other bloggers points of view I shall continue to prefer being able to see the number of followers I have on my list.I find this extremely motivating and inspiring. In my case there is no economical reason why I wish to have followers but pure selfishness. I feel it is like knitting a tiny community together and it produces great satisfaction to think that there are some people out there who read my posts and who wish to comment on them and likewise offer the same. I shall continue to wish for a reciprocal contact and as stated on my last post I shall always prefer quality over quantity.

Its me!
This is me...a few light years ago...you didn't really think I was going to parade a recent photo of me on here did you?

Amanda :-)

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie, and was that a hand knitted cardigan? I know just what you mean about the sense of a little community, and am really enjoying getting to know people and looking forward to their posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl
    I bet it was my Mum was always knitting or crocheting...I was a scruffy little tich :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I love old black and whites, I was sadly born in the technicolour era so my parents only have neon photos of us growing up! ;)

    Thank you also for fixing "you" on my follwers list! You now pop up in my feed and I am super happy to be reading your news. Hope you had a great day at school? My school day is drawing to a sunny close! Enjoy your weekend Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you where back and white pics are concerned I much prefer them mainly for places. Glad I got it fixed and thanks for your advice.

      Amanda x

      Delete
  4. I always had knitted cardigans too! I had a navy one which was my favourite - I virtually had to be forced out of it every evening as I would have worn it to bed if I could! Have a great weekend!
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June
      Thanks for your comments. Me too but mfavourite was a little red skirt my mother had to usually rip it off of me....she used to say otherwise it would have walked off of me!

      Amanda x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely photograph! Thank you for sending some of your sunny rays this way - we've had glorious weather for almost a week now :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....been looking at some great photos of the countryside on Mrs Thrify's blog......it looks really lovely over there...picnic weather I'd say. Thanks for your comments VIctoria

      Amanda x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)